行業新聞

從事口語翻譯的譯者需要做什么?(一)2012.10.14

1. Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).廣泛閱讀,尤其是非母語類閱讀。

Read high quality newspapers (e.g. the New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.每天閱讀優質報紙(例如:《紐約時報》、《華爾街日報》),并且至少堅持一年。

Read high quality news magazines (e.g. the Economist), cover to cover.一頁一頁地閱讀優質新聞雜志,例如《經濟學人》。

Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).閱讀非母語類的你最感興趣的話題。

Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.閱讀其他能夠拓展你知識面的優秀資料。

2. Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all working languages. 收看收聽所有工作語言的最新時事電視新聞、廣播新聞和播客。

Don't just listen to news stories; analyze them.別只聽新聞內容,還要有所分析。

Keep abreast of current events and issues.隨時了解最新時事和問題。

Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.錄下新聞節目和訪談,以便日后細聽。

3. Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order). 強化你在經濟、歷史、法律、國際政治以及科學概念和原理方面的知識(按此順序)。

Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.學習大學級別的課程,復習高中課文等。

Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).加強你在某一專業領域的知識(尤其是科技領域,比如計算機)。

4. Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.在非母語的國家生活。

A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.推薦至少呆上半年至一年時間。

Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.與母語為你的非母語的人生活,或者經常跟他們進行交流。

Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).參加非母語類相關內容的課程(例如:宏觀經濟學、政治學),而不是純語言類的課程。

Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.在嚴格要求使用非母語的環境中工作。

沙尔克04分析德国杯